Cape Verde 2010-2012 with Jeff Wozencraft
Just weeks after graduating from college in June of 2010, Jeff Embarked on what would be one of the most difficult but rewarding adventures of his life: Moving to Cape Verde, Africa for two years.
Cape Verde is a small country of about 500,000 people off the west coast of Africa.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What Cape Verde is like
- The unique language spoken in Cape Verde
- What a day in the life of Jeff was like for a couple of years
- How Jeff accidentally stumbled upon a project that saved sea turtles
- What dating is like in Cape Verde for Peace Corps Volunteer
- How the Pace of life in Cape Verde differed greatly from the U.S. and how Jeff coped with it
- What it’s like to come back to the U.S. after 2 years of living in Cape Verde
Pictures of Jeff’s Service:
The Radio Show Crew
The Hang Out Crew
Did you enjoy the podcast?
What is your best travel story? If you could go one place in the world for an extended period of time, where would it be? What questions would YOU ask someone from Cape Verde, or someone who lived there for a an extended period of time?
Do you know someone who is worthy of being interviewed for the Recovering ExPat Podcast? Drop me a line at mike.dooley3 at gmail.com.
Enjoy. Episode 2 will with with RPCV Luke Karner, who lived for 2 years in Honduras.